A range of workshops are offered for caregivers.
Dementia (4 hrs.)
This 4-hour seminar reviews the basics of dementia, explains how to modify tasks and routines in order to maintain independence, and closes with strategies to manage problem behaviors.
- Part I: Dementia and What to Expect
- Part II: Modifying Tasks and Routines — ADLs, Mobility, and Nutrition
- Part III: Modifying Tasks and Routines — Communication and Activities
- Part IV: Managing Behavioral Problems
Activities (2 hrs.)
This 2-hour seminar reviews the importance of staying engaged, how to identify activity preferences of someone with dementia, and strategies to keep the individual engaged in these preferred activities.
- Part I: Identifying Preferences in Individuals with Memory Problems
- Part II: Now to Keep them Engaged!
Communication (3 hrs.)
This 3-hour seminar reviews the importance of communication, how to increase communication, and what to communicate each day.
- Part I: Changing the Caregiver’s Communication Skills
- Part II: Changing the Way an Individual with Dementia Communicates
- Part III: Now What Do We Communicate?